Sweet Potater Tots
- 1½ pounds medium sweet potatoes (about 3 potatoes), pricked with a fork
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups finely crushed sweet potato chips
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (Asian chile sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the sweet potatoes directly on the oven rack until tender, about 50 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Peel the sweet potatoes, transfer to a large bowl and mash. Stir in 1½ cups crushed chips, the onion, butter and egg. Add ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; stir until combined.
- Spread the remaining 2½ cups crushed chips in a shallow dish. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture into your hands and shape into a small 1-inch-long cylinder. Repeat to make about 36 cylinders. Roll in the crushed chips to coat on all sides and arrange on the prepared baking sheet; spray with cooking spray. Bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until crisp and golden, about 30 minutes. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl. Serve on the side for dipping.