Super Size That Samoa!
- Butter, for pan
- All-purpose flour, for pan
- 1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 c. caramel, warmed slightly and divided
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 c. shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease a Bundt pan with butter, then sprinkle with flour.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. When the batter is ready, fold in ¼ cup caramel and pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then run a butter knife around the edges of the pan and invert cake onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make ganache: Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat heavy cream. When the cream begins to simmer, remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour most of the chocolate ganache over cooled Bundt cake, reserving about ⅓ cup ganache.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top then press remaining toasted coconut around the sides of the cake. Drizzle remaining caramel over the cake then drizzle remaining ganache on top. Serve immediately.