Serves: 2 dozen
- 1 lb. white button mushrooms
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and generously grease a large baking/cookie sheet with olive oil. Wash off any excess dirt from the mushrooms and pat dry.
- Holding the mushroom stem, gently move the stem back and forth to pry it from the cap. Repeat with all mushrooms, set aside the caps, and chop the stems.
- Combine the chopped mushroom stems with the breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, Italian seasoning, egg and garlic, tossing to combine evenly. Drizzle in olive oil and again toss gently to incorporate.
- Spoon breadcrumb mixture into mushroom caps, filling them to the top (but don't shove in too much, the mushrooms will shrink while cooking).
- Place mushrooms, stuffing side up, on prepared baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until browned and puffy, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.