Skillet-Fried Fish Nuggets
Serves: 6-10 servings
- About 2 tablespoons canola oil (for frying)
- 3 pounds fish fillets
- Dash of lemon pepper
- Dash of garlic salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup dry pancake mix
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oil (it should come up to about ½ inch) in a large deep skillet over medium heat to 350 F to 365 F.
- Cut fish into bite-sized pieces. Lightly sprinkle the pieces with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Place the beaten egg and water in a bowl. Combine the pancake mix and breadcrumbs in a large plastic food storage bag.
- Dip the fish in the egg and water mixture and then place in the bag to coat with the crumbs.
- Fry the coated fish pieces in the hot oil for 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain well on paper towels. Serve fried fish nuggets immediately with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.