Rockin' Oysters Rockefeller
- 48 fresh, unopened oysters
- 1½ cups beer
- 2 cloves garlic
- seasoned salt to taste
- 7 black peppercorns
- ½ cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
- Clean oysters, and place in a large stockpot. Pour in beer and enough water to cover oysters; add 2 cloves garlic, seasoned salt, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, drain, and cool.
- Once oysters are cooled, break off and discard the top shell. Arrange the oysters on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in butter until soft. Reduce heat to low, and stir in spinach, Monterey Jack, fontina, and mozzarella. Cook until cheese melts, stirring frequently. Stir in the milk, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over each oyster, just filling the shell. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.