Pan-Seared Whiting with Capers
- 8 small skinless whiting fillets
- 8 thin prosciutto slices
- 24 large sage leaves, plus 2 tablespoons extra shredded sage
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 60 g wild rocket (arugula)
- 175 g thin green beans, halved
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place 1 prosciutto slice on a work surface. Top with 3 sage leaves and 1 whiting fillet and roll to enclose. Repeat with remaining prosciutto, sage and whiting.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Cook whiting, in batches, for 1 minute or until golden. Turn heat to medium-low and cook on other side for 1-2 minutes until golden and cooked. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add wine to pan and bring to the boil over high heat. Boil until reduced by half, then strain through a fine sieve into a jug and stir in shredded sage.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining olive oil and remaining ingredients in a bowl with a pinch of sugar. Season to taste and toss well.
- To serve, divide rocket salad and whiting among 4 plates, then drizzle with sauce and scatter with extra capers.