Pan Fried Rainbow Trout with Pineapple Salsa
- For the trout:
- 4 portions rainbow trout or salmon fillets, about 600 grams in total
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- For the Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 cup fresh pineapple diced
- ½ cup red pepper diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ⅛ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 small lime juiced
- 1 tsp. olive oil extra-virgin
- Salt to taste
- For the fish:
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Add the fish fillets to the fry pan, skin side down.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then carefully flip over and fry for another 2 minutes. For thicker fillets fry for 1 minute longer or until fish is cooked.
- Transfer the trout to plates and serve with pineapple salsa.
- For the salsa:
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the salsa ingredients. Season with salt and stir well. Cover the salsa and let sit at room temperature or chill in the refrigerator until serving.