Orange Pecan Baked French Toast
- 5 medium eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf French bread (or multi grain bread)
- 1 generous pinch salt
- ½ cup butter - melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped or whole pecans
- The night before
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, orange zest and vanilla. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and place in a lightly greased 9X13 inch baking pan. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the bread and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, light brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup and pecans. Spread mixture over bread.
- Bake in a preheated oven until golden, about 40-50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.