Homemade Honey Grahams Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- Whisk together first eight ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk together honey and water; gradually add to dry ingredients, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to an 8-in. square. Using a knife or fluted pastry wheel, cut each into sixteen 2-in. squares. If desired, prick holes with a fork. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.