Healthy Grilled Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup dried bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (hot) sauce
- 4 whole-grain buns
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 2 bibb lettuce leaves, halved
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- Combine the ground turkey breast, bread crumbs, chopped onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce in a large bowl. Mix well. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties.
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler (grill). Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
- Grill burgers until nicely browned on both sides and heated through, about 7 minutes a side. Serve each burger on a bun topped with 1 tomato slice, 1 onion slice, ½ lettuce leaf and a dollop of ketchup.