Grilled Porterhouse Steak with Summer Vegetables
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced on the diagonal ⅓ inch thick
- 1 red onion, sliced ⅓ inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and quartered
- ¼ pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 bunch scallions, roots trimmed and bottom 6 inches only
- Two 1-inch-thick porterhouse steaks (1 pound each)
- Light a charcoal grill. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, mustard and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Transfer half of the dressing to a large bowl. Add the zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus and scallions. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and toss.
- In a perforated grill pan, grill the vegetables over high heat, tossing, until charred in spots, 10 minutes; return to the bowl, add the remaining dressing and toss.
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks over high heat, turning occasionally, about 11 minutes for medium-rare meat. Transfer the steaks to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the meat from the bones and serve with the grilled vegetables.