Garlicky Broccoli Cheddar Hash Browns
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 lb. russet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1½ c. broccoli florets
- 2 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, fold together all ingredients except the Cheddar cheese. Divide evenly into 12 mounds on prepared cookie sheet; flatten into patties. Spray tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottoms. With thin spatula, turn the patties over, top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese, and bake another 15 minutes, or until brown on the bottoms. Serve immediately, or make up to 2 hours ahead and reheat in a 350-degree F oven for 10 minutes.