French Toast Casserole
- 6 large eggs
- 1⅔ c. whole milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ¾ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 loaf white bread, preferably day-old
- ½ c. sliced almonds
- ½ c. powdered sugar, for serving
- Fresh berries, for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Dunk each bread slice in the egg mixture for 4 seconds, flipping once, then arrange them in a 9"-x-13" baking dish in an even layer, each slice slightly overlapping the last. Pour any remaining egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate, 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle almonds over French toast and bake until the tops of the bread are golden and crunchy, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then serve topped with powdered sugar and berries.