Cranberry Brie Pastry Tarts
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar, use more or less to your taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 (8 ounce) wheels of Brie, each cut into 12 slices (leave the rind on)
- ⅓ cup fig preserves
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- fresh thyme, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, cranberries, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6 rectangles. Spread each rectangle with about 1 teaspoon fig preserves, leaving a ¼ inch border. Top with 2 slices of brie and then mound the cranberries over the brie, pressing them into the brie to adhere slightly (see above photo).
- Fold the edges of the pastry inward to enclose the brie. Brush the edges of pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the brie melted. Top with fresh thyme. Serve and enjoy!