Cranberry-Apple Hand Pies
- 2 all-purpose piecrusts
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ c. apricot jam
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- ⅔ c. fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed if frozen, chopped
- ½ c. granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- all-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Make pie dough as instructed, whisking cinnamon in with flour mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together jam and vanilla in a bowl. Add apples, cranberries, and sugar and toss to combine.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough into 2 13- by 21-inch rectangles. Trim rough edges. Cut 1 piece into 16 2½- by 4½-inch rectangles. Place on prepared baking sheets. Top with apple mixture (about 3 tablespoons each), leaving a ½-inch border all around. Lightly brush borders with beaten egg.
- Cut remaining dough into 16 3- by 5-inch rectangles. Place on top of apple mixture. Press edges with a fork to seal and cut a few small slits in the top of each. Brush tops with remaining egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake, until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.