Corn Salad With Avocado
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 corn on the cob (14 oz canned corn, drained)
- 1 avocado , cut into large dice
- 7 oz cherry tomatoes , halved (or 2 large tomatoes, cut into large dice)
- 2 shallots / scallions , finely sliced or 1 small red onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 2 tbsp lime juice or 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook corn on the cob for 3 minutes. Drain corn, run under cold water to stop cooking further. Once cool to touch, cut corn off the cob. Cool.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle over lime juice, olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Toss gently, serve.