Citrus Sweet Potatoes
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut into ½-in. slices. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in orange juice concentrate and lemon zest. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are heated through and sauce is bubbly.