Chicken Arugula Salad With Ginger Pomegranate Dressing
- 6 cups packed baby arugula
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 small red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 to 2 avocados, pit removed, sliced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken), bones removed, sliced or shredded (remove skin as well to reduce fat)
- Arils of 1 pomegranate
- Crumbled feta for garnish, optional
- Toasted walnuts, optional
- For Ginger Pomegranate Dressing:
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (about ¼ cup lemon juice)
- ⅓ cup pomegranate juice
- ⅓ cup Quality Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground sumac
- Salt and Pepper
- Make the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar. Close tightly and shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, spinach, cucumbers and onions. Season with a little salt and pepper. Toss to combine, then top with avocado slices, chicken, and pomegranate arils.
- Give the dressing one more shake, then drizzle generously over salad. Garnish with a sprinkle of feta and toasted walnuts. Enjoy!