Chicken and Black Bean Nachos
Serves: 6 servings
- 3½ c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. red enchilada sauce
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 c. fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears corn)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 12 ounces pepper-Jack cheese (about 3 cups), divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- Set up grill for indirect cooking and heat to medium. Toss together chicken, enchilada sauce, onion, corn, beans, and 8 ounces cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Tear six 12-inch squares of aluminum foil. Place one-sixth of chips, chicken mixture, and remaining cheese on one end of a piece of foil, leaving a 3-inch border. Fold foil over filling to create a packet and crimp edges to seal. Repeat with remaining foil, chips, chicken mixture, and cheese.
- Grill packets over indirect heat until cheese is melted and chicken is warmed through, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer packets to plates and carefully open. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges alongside.