Veal Parmesan Meatballs
- 9 ounces ground beef
- 9 ounces ground veal
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 fluid ounces milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1 fl ounce water
- 8 ounces breadcrumbs
- Put all ground meat in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of breadcrumbs, garlic, cheese, 2 beaten eggs, parsley, and salt. Mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Form the meatballs by rolling them in a circular motion in the palms of your hands.
- Beat remaining eggs and water together. Coat the meatballs in egg and roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Add meat balls to heated oil and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, making sure they are well browned.
- Put in a 350F oven and cook another 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with minced parsley.
Veal Cutlets, Italian Style
Recipe type: Veal
- ¼ c. pine nuts (pignoli)
- ⅔ c. packed fresh basil leaves or fresh spinach with 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sm. garlic clove
- ¼ c. Randazzo Olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 lb. veal cutlets, ¼ inch thick
- ¼ lb. fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 sm. tomatoes, sliced
- ⅛ tsp. coarsely ground white or black pepper
- Basil (spinach) leaves for garnish
- About 35 minutes before serving:
- Prepare pesto sauce: In blender at low speed, blend pine nuts until ground. Add basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, garlic, ¼ cup Randazzo olive oil and ⅛ teaspoon salt; blend until smooth.
- If veal cutlets are large, cut into serving pieces. In 10 inch skillet over medium high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil, cook veal, a few cutlets at a time, until browned on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes, removing cutlets to plate as they brown, and adding more oil if necessary. Sprinkle meat with salt to taste.
- Spoon pesto sauce on veal cutlets; top with cheese slices. Arrange veal cutlets and tomato slices in skillet, alternating and overlapping them slightly; sprinkle with ground pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover skillet and heat until cheese melts. Garnish with basil leaves.
Provimi Veal Cacciatore
Recipe type: Veal
Serve with hot buttered spaghetti or noodles.
- 4 Provimi Veal rib chops ( ¾ inch thick )
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 2 large sprigs of parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil 60ml
- 1 can (14oz) tomato sauce ( 2 cups)
- ⅓ cup white wine 80ml
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano 5ml
- 1 bay leaf
- Peel onion and dice.
- Cut green pepper into thin strips and snip parsley and crush one clove of fresh garlic.
- Heat oil in the skillet, brown veal chops on both sides.
- Remove chops while you add the chopped onion and green pepper and sauté them for 3 minutes in the oil.
- Now put the Veal chops back in the pan and blend in remaining ingredients; bay leaf, oregano, parsley, tomato sauce and wine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer 50 minutes.