Gingered Coleslaw with Golden Raisins
- 1 small head savoy cabbage, cored
- 1 large carrot
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger (from one 1-inch piece)
- 1½ teaspoons finely minced garlic (from 1 small clove)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shred the cabbage and julienne the carrot (cut into thin slivers). Combine in a bowl with the mayonnaise, ginger and garlic and mix well.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over a medium flame. Add the raisins and cook until soft and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Mix the warm raisins into the slaw and add the vinegar and salt, sugar and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 cups fresh lima beans
- ½ small yellow onion
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 uncooked bacon slices
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Shredded Brussel Sprouts With Pistachios, Cranberries & Parmesan
- 1¼ lb. Brussels sprouts
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Salt to taste*
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half through the root, then slice thinly.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the skillet, then add the Brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, but still bright green.
- Stir in the pistachios, dried cranberries, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Taste and season with additional salt, if desired.
- Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm until ready to serve.