- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper seeded. cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunks fresh or canned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and add to the pan.
- Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the red bell pepper and pineapple to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, chicken broth, hoisin sauce and brown sugar.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Mix the corn starch with 1 tablespoon of cold water; stir until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute or until sauce has just thickened.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, then serve
Caesar Angel Hair
- 12 oz. angel hair
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pt. creamy Caesar dressing
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ c. freshly chopped parsley
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper then add to skillet. Cook until chicken is golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice into strips. Wipe skillet clean.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Drain on a paper towel—lined plate. Reserve about two tablespoons of bacon fat in skillet.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Pour in broth to deglaze pan. Stir in Caesar dressing and bring mixture to a low simmer. Add angel hair, Parmesan, lemon juice, and parsley and toss until combined. (If sauce is too thick, gradually add pasta water, about 1⁄4 cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency.)
Pan Fried Rainbow Trout with Pineapple Salsa
- For the trout:
- 4 portions rainbow trout or salmon fillets, about 600 grams in total
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- For the Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 cup fresh pineapple diced
- ½ cup red pepper diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ⅛ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 small lime juiced
- 1 tsp. olive oil extra-virgin
- Salt to taste
- For the fish:
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Add the fish fillets to the fry pan, skin side down.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then carefully flip over and fry for another 2 minutes. For thicker fillets fry for 1 minute longer or until fish is cooked.
- Transfer the trout to plates and serve with pineapple salsa.
- For the salsa:
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the salsa ingredients. Season with salt and stir well. Cover the salsa and let sit at room temperature or chill in the refrigerator until serving.