Carrot Turmeric Red Lentil Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime juice, for drizzling
- In a large pot on medium high heat, drizzle a little olive oil and saute onion and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add red lentils and stir to coat well. Add spices and vegetable broth, turn the heat up to high and bring everything to a rapid boil.
- Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down to a low simmer and cook uncovered for about 12 to 15 minutes, until lentils are cooked through yet not falling apart.
- Adjust seasoning, remove the stew from heat and divide into bowls. Top with fresh cilantro and drizzle with lime juice. Enjoy!