Baked Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless skinless chicken breasts, (4 large chicken breasts)
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F | 200°C. Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with oil and line with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the oil, honey, mustards, garlic, lemon juice and paprika in a small bowl to combine well.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet (tray). Season generously with salt and pepper. Spoon ¾ of the honey mustard mixture evenly over the chicken and spread evenly all over each breast. Pour ¼ cup water onto baking sheet to prevent burning, creating a sauce while baking.
- Bake until cooked through (about 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts). Spoon the remaining sauce over each breast and broil (or grill) for a further 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat to brown the chicken and caramelise the edges.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.