Baked Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
Serves: 20 pc
- Ingredient List Chicken:
- 3lb (~20 pieces) chicken wings/drumsticks
- ⅔ cup flour (all purpose or gluten free)
- ¾ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ingredient List Sauce:
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional Side Ingredients:
- 1 head of celery, cut into chunks for dipping
- blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- For Chicken:
- Dry off chicken with a paper towel and add to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or large ziploc bag mix: flour, paprika, cayenne and salt.
- Toss chicken with flour mix.
- Shake off any excess flour from the chicken and throw away.
- Roast (uncovered) on an aluminum lined and oiled baking sheet ~40-45 minutes or until crispy and internal temperature reaches 165F and juices run clear. Turn to broil in the last 3 minutes if you want them a little crispier.
- For Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small pan, bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered ~ 8 minutes or until ingredients are blended and thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Transfer cooked drumsticks to a bowl and coat with hot sauce. Serve with cut celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.