Baked Asparagus with Lemon
Serves: 25 mins
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Rinse 2 bunches of asparagus.
- Break off the ends by holding the base end and snapping it wherever it snaps. This way you won’t be chewing a fibrous end for 5 minutes. And it’s way easier than having to peal each one with a potato peeler. Can you imagine doing that? I’ve done it before and it’s just not worth the trouble!
- Place asparagus in a large baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze ½ of a lemon over the asparagus. Line the top third of the asparagus with lemon slices from the other half of your lemon (optional).
- Thinly slice 4 Tbsp of butter and line the center of the asparagus with butter
- Bake at 400˚F for 12 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove asparagus from the oven and set oven to Broil.
- Sprinkle the center of the asparagus with parmesan cheese and broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.