Bacon Cheese Rolls
- 5 cups flour (more or less)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp soft butter
- 1½ cups crumbled cooked bacon
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- For dough: In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Heat the milk, water, and butter in a saucepan till the butter melts. Add to dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Add the eggs and another cup of flour and beat till smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a dough that is stiff but still soft.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- To assemble: Divide dough in half and roll each portion into a rectangle about 20" x 6". Brush each rectangle with 1½ tablespoons of the butter, ¾ cup bacon bits, and 2 cups cheese.
- Roll up and pinch the edge to seal. Cut each roll into 12 pieces, and place each piece in a well greased muffin cup. Let raise for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for about 18-20 minutes or till golden brown. Serve warm.