- 1½ pounds Baccala`, soaked for 48 hours in cold water which should be changes several times.
- 7 ounces boiled mashed potatoes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 slices of bread soaked in water or milk
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup flour for breading
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Sauce for Dipping:
- sauce, olives, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Boil the Baccala` for 15-20 mins. in unsalted water. Let it cool and remove all bones.
- Mash the Baccala and mix with the boiled potatoes to create a soft, chuncky mix.
- Mash the bread slices with your hands and ad to the mix.
- Add 1 egg, garlic, capers, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Create balls with the mix, roll them in the flour, wet them in the egg wash and then roll them in the bread crumbs until they are completely coated.
- Fry all the balls in hot oil all until they are golden brown.
- Serve with a Tomato dipping sauce.