- 1 16 - ounce package shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 3 - ounce package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, broken up
- ½-3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½-3/4 cup sunflower nuts
- ½ cup salad oil
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sliced green onion (optional)
- Combine coleslaw mix, green onions, ramen noodles (set aside seasoning packet for the dressing), almonds, and sunflower nuts in a salad bowl. Chill, covered, until serving time, up to 1 hour.
- For dressing: In a screw-top jar, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, pepper and seasoning from the package of noodles. Cover and shake. Chill until serving time.
- Before serving, shake dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat. If you like, garnish salad with additional sliced green onion.