Artichoke Hearts with Parmesan Breadcrumbs
Serves: 8 servings
- 3 (15 oz) cans artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter, or olive oil
- 5 cloved garlic, minced
- 6 anchovy fillets - (optional)
- ⅔ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain artichoke hearts well, squeezing them of any excess water. Arrange the artichokes, cut side up, in a baking dish (the tart pan was perfect).
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the artichoke hearts.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the anchovies and garlic, breaking up the anchovy fillets with a spoon. Continue to cook until anchovies have dissolved in the butter.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the skillet and mix well with the anchovy-garlic mixture. Toast the bread crumbs until golden brown, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley, Parmesan cheese, and fresh pepper. Carefully pour the breadcrumb mixture over the artichoke hearts and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Best served warm.