Grilled Vegetable Pasta with White Wine and Parmesan
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 summer squash, halved and thinly sliced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces whole wheat farfalle pasta
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare grill for medium heat (about 400-425 degrees F).
- Tear off a large sheet of aluminum foil, about 10 inches in length. Fold in half to create a fold line, then open, like a book. Arrange the garlic, bell pepper, summer squash, and tomatoes in the center of the right half of foil, near the fold line.
- Fold up the sides of the right half of the foil, creating a ’bowl’ that contains the vegetables. To the packet, add: the dried thyme, white wine, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Using hands, mix to combine ingredients.
- Fold over the left half of the foil, covering the veggies. Carefully roll the top half of the foil together with the edges of the right half of the foil, sealing all edges and creating an air-tight packet.
- Grill for about 5-7 minutes and then use a spatula to flip. Cook the other side for about 5-7 minutes more.
- Use a spatula to remove the packets from the grill, and use kitchen shears or a knife to cut a slit through the top center of packet to fold open. Open carefully – the steam that will rise from the packet is very hot.
- While the vegetables cook, boil a large pot of water. Salt the water and add the farfalle. Cook until just al dente, about 7 minutes, and drain.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cooked veggies and cooked pasta. Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and stir until everything is well combined. Transfer pasta to serving plates and top with grated parmesan.